Some of us have done it our whole lives. We grab a glass or cup from the kitchen cabinet and go straight to the sink faucet or refrigerator dispenser, fill it with water, and then drink it without giving it a single thought. We fill entire pitchers with tap water and add tea mix, lemonade mix, powdered drink mixes for the kids, or we make our coffee with it. Millions of Americans use those pitchers that have cheap little filters in them that do next to nothing to filter out toxins, despite their product claims. Boiling the water doesn’t help cleanse it enough either.
We put our trust in the U.S. regulatory agencies and our federal, state and local governments to protect us from chemical consumption like pesticides, industrial runoff, excrement, mercury, and a mile-long list of other pollutants, but much to our dismay, the CDC, FDA, USDA and EPA are not in the business of protecting our health. To the contrary, those agencies are run like for-profit businesses, and they work in conjunction with Big Food and Big Pharma. No, that’s not a conspiracy theory.
Adolf Hitler used sodium fluoride in WWII to weaken the Jewish prisoners in the Holocaust concentration camps. He had his scientists drip it in the water so the prisoners would stay weak, malnourished and unable to rise up and rebel. Immediately after the war ended, the United States began medicating municipal tap water with deadly sodium fluoride, beginning in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Sodium fluoride is a powerful insecticide and byproduct of industrial pollution. The EPA has known this since the beginning.
The American Dental Association spreads propaganda that this kind of fluoride, that is NOT the natural kind, is good for fighting cavities and building strong teeth. That is a bold-faced lie. Let’s take a close look at a fairly recent Harvard Study of what fluoridated water does to human beings who drink it regularly. Here’s proof.
The Harvard study of the impact of fluoride on the neurological development in children
For decades, health “experts” have pushed fluoride propaganda and shoved lies down our throats (literally and figuratively speaking). With no clinical proof whatsoever, we’ve been told fluoride builds strong teeth and fights cavities. Nutritionists, on the other hand, have been screaming the opposite about fluoride, warning consumers about the dangers of this unnatural additive.
In a comprehensive study done by researchers at the Harvard School of Public Health and China Medical University in Shenyang (27 studies were analyzed in total), strong indications were revealed that fluoride adversely affects the brain and cognitive development in children. This study was published online in Environmental Health Perspectives on July 20, 2012. The results? More than 8,000 school-age children were analyzed for drops in their IQ due to fluoridated water consumption and 26 of the 27 studies showed that the fluoride negatively affected their cognitive development.
The average IQ loss was 7 points, and the researchers concluded that even slight fluoride exposure could be toxic to the brain of children. For even more in-depth proof of the damage, children living in high-fluoride areas had significantly lower IQ scores than those living in low-fluoride areas. The researchers further concluded that fluoride can be lumped in with lead and mercury as far as other poisons in water that cause “chemical brain drain.” One researcher is quoted as saying, “The effect of each toxicant may seem small, but the combined damage on a population scale can be serious, especially because the brain power of the next generation is crucial to all of us.”
The majority of bottled water products and the water served by restaurants is often just contaminated tap water
You may be getting discouraged at this point, thinking that there’s no safe water for drinking in the U.S., unless you get it straight from some mountain springs yourself, but don’t give up yet. Even though water filtration is a complex science, there is one affordable home water filtration system that pays for itself within a year, doesn’t require electricity (it uses gravity), and filters 99 percent or more of all pollutants within a couple of hours.
Big Berkey purification elements use millions of microscopic pores to filter out pathogenic bacteria, parasites, sediment, fluoride, chlorine, heavy metal toxins, other people’s medications and more. Using microscopic filtration and ionic barriers, the Berkey water filter is able to remove submicron viruses that other brands of water filters can’t get without the use of dangerous chemicals. This is unmatched water drinking quality for just pennies a gallon.
TOP 10 reasons you need a Big Berkey water filtration system in your home and why you should never drink water from the tap
- Most U.S. tap water contains sodium fluoride that causes cancer, brittle bones and lowered IQ (not strong teeth that fight cavities, like dentists claim).
- You’re drinking a little bit of chlorine in every sip.
- Heavy metal toxins like lead, mercury and aluminum are often present — in fact, just last year, the EPA knew about the tap water in Flint, Michigan, being highly contaminated with lead, but still hid that fact from the public for months, all while children were being poisoned.
- You’re ingesting other people’s medications: “There’s no doubt about it, pharmaceuticals are being detected in the environment and there is genuine concern that these compounds, in the small concentrations that they’re at, could be causing impacts to human health or to aquatic organisms.” – Mary Buzby, Director of Environmental Technology for Merck.
- Artificial sweeteners, like sucralose, are not getting filtered out at the water plants.
- You could be drinking tiny pieces of toilet paper.
- You’re drinking a little dose of deadly insecticides and herbicides that adds up over time.
- There are virtually no minerals left in tap water — it’s been stripped of all nutritive qualities by the chemicals used to treat it.
- PFASs (Poly- and Perfluoroalkyl Substances) from industrial sites, military fire training areas, and wastewater treatment plants still contaminate tap water and are linked to developmental, immune, metabolic and endocrine health problems.
- It actually dehydrates the body instead of hydrating it. (The chemicals in tap water drain vitamins and minerals from the human body over the long term.)
Sources for this article include:
Written by S.D. Wells
Please like our Facebook Page