Administration hands out more work permits

President Obama’s amnesty juggernaut has taken another step forward despite a federal judge’s order to halt it in its tracks.

The president’s plan to delay the deportation of as many as 5 million illegal aliens through memos issued by appointees moved ahead Tuesday when the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services announced the extension of a program allowing spouses of certain visa holders to obtain work permits.

According to the Washington Times, the move will, in 90 days, allow some 180,000 immigrants to be eligible for the benefit “in the first year.”

“Allowing the spouses of these visa holders to legally work in the United States makes perfect sense,” the newspaper quoted agency chief Leon Rodriguez saying. “It helps U.S. businesses keep their highly skilled workers by increasing the chances these workers will choose to stay in this country during the transition from temporary workers to permanent residents.”

At virtually the same time, U.S. District Judge Andrew S. Hanen, who a week ago ordered federal agencies to stop implementation of the Obama amnesty plan, told plaintiffs in the lawsuit they have until March 3 to provide any additional arguments regarding the government’s request that he reverse his decision.

The order from Hanen came Tuesday in light of the federal government’s emergency motion that seeks permission for the amnesty program to move forward immediately.

The case developed this way: Obama told Congress he wanted the nation’s immigration laws changed, confessing that he did not have the authority to it do himself. But Congress refused to make the changes, so Obama went ahead and did it anyway.

In response, 26 states, led by Texas sued as they suddenly faced massive new demands for public services such as schooling and health care from foreigners who previously had been subject to deportation.

Then, Hanen granted a preliminary injunction that prevents the government from enforcing Obama’s orders. Hanen’s ruling also confirmed WND’s exclusive report that contrary to popular perception, the order to delay deportation was not an executive order by the president. Instead, it was a memorandum issued by Department of Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson at Obama’s direction.

Then WND reported the Washington watchdog Judicial Watch revealed the Obama administration was moving quickly on contracts for the president’s amnesty even though Hanen ordered a halt.

Judicial Watch said it had a source inside the industry of government contracts who said there is “no indication that the court order has impacted, slowed down or modified the procurement in any way.”

“They’re really rushing into it,” the source said.

Judicial Watch cited a government solicitation for companies to provide services for Obama’s plans to process illegal aliens and give them many of the privileges of citizenship.

The deal is immense, Judicial Watch said, with an estimated need for between 200 and 600 contractors.

The government solicitation described itself as a “combined synopsis/solicitation for commercial services prepared in accordance with the format in FAR Subpart 12.6, as supplemented with additional information included in this notice.”

“This announcement constitutes the only solicitation and proposals are being requested. Attached to this combined synopsis/solicitation for commercial services is a request for proposal with proposals due on February 20, 2015. This combined synopsis/solicitation is for records support services in support of deferred action for parents of U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents (hereafter referred to as DAPA). Industry is encouraged to review the request for proposal and ask questions by January 30, 2015. USCIS intends to award a contract from this solicitation in March 2015 in order to provide the awardee time to hire, train, and process security clearances; and for full performance to commence on May 19, 2015.”

It describes how Obama announced his plan for executive action on deferred action for parents of U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents on Nov. 20, 2014.

Judicial Watch said that though a federal court “has blocked President Obama’s amnesty order, the administration continues working behind the scenes to quickly award multi-million-dollar contracts to firms that can expeditiously process millions of illegal immigrants, a government source has alerted Judicial Watch.”

“The complex deal is being rushed through at a ‘full-throttle pace’ extremely rare for such a huge venture that’s sure to radically change the current system, according to JW’s source, who has worked for decades as a contract expert at the highest levels of government.

“The pricing spreadsheets are astounding and list tens of thousands of work hours – for tasks such as program management, file operations and maintenance as well as Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) scanning – that will undoubtedly end up costing American taxpayers enormous sums. The contractor that lands this monstrous government deal must also be able to respond on short notice to growth in volume due to urgent events and requirements,” JW reported.

Judicial Watch said the administration “appears to have no intention of slowing down while the Justice Department drafts an appeal.”

“JW’s government source confirms that, even after the court ruling, DHS is moving forward with its plan to seal large contracts with companies that will process millions of illegal immigrants as soon as possible,” the report said.

Written by BOB UNRUH
Read more at WND

Leave a Reply