(NaturalNews) In a piece entitled “The ominous math of the Ebola epidemic,” the Washington Post has published an article that everyone should study. The article explores the undeniable mathematical reality of an Ebola outbreak which is doubling its reach every 3-4 weeks.
Current analysis shows that Ebola infects 1.5 – 2.0 new people for every new infection, and the cycle time on this is less than 30 days. This means that the number of people infected with Ebola is growing by roughly 150% – 200% every month.
If you nearly double something every month, it doesn’t take long for it to explode out of control. Imagine having a bank account that started in January with just $1,000 and magically doubled every month. In February, you’d have $2,000; in March you’d have $4,000 and so on. By December, you would have over $2 million sitting in the bank.
Ebola spreads in much the same way: exponentially. It isn’t a simple linear increase; it’s an exponential explosion that can grow from a small number of isolated patients to a global pandemic seemingly overnight.
Here’s a thumbnail version of the stunning infographic from the Washington Post. Click here to see the original.
Halting exponential growth requires extraordinary effort
In order to stop something that’s growing exponentially, you have to “get ahead of the curve” by responding with overwhelming numbers of doctors, nurses, treatment beds and isolation actions. Right now, the world is woefully behind the curve, responding with only a fraction of the number of health workers needed to have any realistic chance of containing the outbreak.
Even worse, the U.S. government has failed the public on many fronts and actually seems to be actively encouraging the spread of Ebola:
• Flights from Ebola outbreak countries have not been halted to the USA.
• The U.S. southern border has not been controlled or contained.
• Ebola patients are allowed to be treated in regular hospitals (Dallas) where the medical gear and training is woefully inadequate.
• The CDC continues to misinform the public about Ebola transmission vectors, ridiculously claiming it can only be spread via “direct contact” when we now know the claim is false.
• Instead of supporting immune-boosting natural solutions, the government has gone out of its way to threaten makers of natural products like colloidal silver and essential oils, silencing them from speaking about Ebola prevention strategies that might substantially help halt the spread.